How To Update Your Acne Treatment Routine With 5 Simple Steps
Hi all! Hope you are having a blessed day. I know it's been a while since I've blogged but I've been super busy with things in my life. Anyway in this guide you will learn 5 simple tips to update your acne treatment routine. When it comes to acne, everyone has a different experience, but one thing can be agreed upon: it is overwhelming. Every person or company recommends a different product or treatment, and none seem to ever work. It leaves you confused and self-conscious about your acne, even though it is perfectly healthy and normal to have. However, there are certain steps you should take every day to help eliminate your acne, and prevent more from appearing.
1. Exfoliate your skin once a week to remove dead skin cells. Even if you wash your face every day, bacteria and dead skin cells can still gather on your face that are difficult to remove. Using a gentle exfoliator can eliminate build-up on your face and it will leave it smooth. However, be sure not to over-exfoliate your face, as it will dry out your skin which can allow more acne to appear. Bonus points if you use an exfoliant with all natural ingredients, as your skin will appreciate the gentle products rather than harsh chemicals.
2. Pinpoint pesky pimples with a drying agent. Something as basic as toothpaste can be used as a method to remove existing pimples or acne that you feel below the surface. The toothpaste acts to remove excess oil and bacteria in the pimple, which stunts the growth of the specific pimple. Apply a small dot wherever needed and let sit for several hours, or overnight. You can wash it off with some warm water to ensure that your skin is clean before the next day!
3. Use a face mask to add hydration back to your face. Many acne treatments are very drying, and it can leave your face rough and uneven. You can make a simple mask with a recipe that uses kitchen ingredients, or you can buy pre-made masks from the store. Wear time varies depending on the specific mask, but it will leave your face feeling soft and replenished.
4. Make sure that your current face wash contains salicylic acid in the list of ingredients. Salicylic acid works to prevent pores from being clogged, which prevents future acne breakouts. Some more natural products don't include salicylic acid (since it is a chemical) but it is very beneficial. Reviews.com put together a helpful guide to finding the best acne treatment for different skin types. They reviewed 42 acne kits and found Paula’s Choice Clear Regular Strength System to be the best option. This twice-daily three-step kit includes a cleanser, an anti-redness exfoliant, and a leave-on treatment. It is lightweight, fragrance-free, and treats your breakouts with TLC. You can see their guide here: http://www.reviews.com/acne-treatment/
5. Drink more water! Water is important for nearly everything that happens in your body, and acne is no exception. Your skin relies on your personal hydration to survive, and a lack of water can lead to acne, and leaves you more prone to develop wrinkles later in life. Make sure that you are drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day, and you will notice a remarkable difference in your skin. While these steps may seem time-consuming or costly at first, it will definitely help in the long run. Water is by far the most important component in your skincare routine, but is just as important to exfoliate your skin weekly to remove skin and bacteria buildup.
Thank you so much for stopping by to read and I would really like to know your daily skincare routine.